Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART VI
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
I doubt you'll see any significant call-ups even if Boyes, Reasoner, Streit, Viz dealt away

You'll probably see something along these lines

Moulson-Tavares-Bailey
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-MacDonald
Ullstrom-Aucoin-Boulton
Joensuu

MacDonald-Hamonic
Hickey-Martinek
Finley-Carkner
(Strait inserted into lineup if and when he returns)

Nabby
Poulin.

TO be honest, I really want as few rookies as possible on the team with Capuano as coach. That goes for next year as well, if he is back with the team. Capuano is not the coach to develop young players, rookies spend more time in the press box and stapled to the bench than they do on the ice.

I would rather any significant prospect, be it Strome, Nelson, nino, Donovan, Sundstrom or otherwise play in the AHL and get significant minutes. This 2 or 3 shifts a period and if you make a mistake, get scratched for 2 weeks nonsense has got to stop. But as long as Cappy is here, thats the way it will be for our rookies. No thank you.

And that goes before we start going into the conversation as to whether certian players are 'ready' to make the jump to the NHL.

Speaking as someone who has seen and attended a lot of Bridgeport games, and seen plenty of our other prospects play....As far as NHL 'ready contributors go, the list is a lot shorter than many posters on this board think.

The future is bright, but it's not as 'near' a future as some like to think.