View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
yea, but Im sure if you add the ten games before that it goes back up. He's played better than anyone could've expected, he's getting real NHL minutes and he's doing just fine. Sure, if there's a better option they could send him down. Ian White just isnt a better option right now and that's why Lashoff is playing and White is sitting.
During those first games when he played with Kronwall he looked pretty over-matched (look at the pairs +/- for those games compared to everyone else's). Just look at his past couple games, he's been much more consistent with his play, even to the point where he is invisible most nights, I have no stats to prove it but I'm certain he's playing less even strength minutes then before.

White last played on the 24th in which he was -2 in our big win over Vancouver. Before that he was -2 in his past 4 games, in his past 5 games he's -4. Right now our defence is playing extremely well allowing only 4 goals in the past 3 games, Lashoff is a part of it but he's playing 2nd PK minutes and 3rd pairing minutes, not some heavy duty minutes and easily replaced. Whether it's by White or even CC when he's healthy I don't know but we'll have to wait and see.

The only reason Lashoff is in over White is that we're playing really well defensively right now and Lashoff has size that White doesn't.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote