Thread: Waived: Roman Hamrlik
View Single Post
03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
without Hamrlik we don't shoulder the burden of losing Markov for huge chunks of the season. It's amazing how severely underappreciated Hamrlik's game was here just because Habs fans are so obsessed with dollars. Same thing is starting to happen with the whole toughness and size discourse as well.

Harmlik was a rock while he was here, gave the team excellent hockey. If he can play the way he played in the playoffs with Washington last year, I'd take him back as depth. Free asset, brings a much needed diversity to a back-end with similar types of players.
I'd like to know which diversity exactly Hamrlik would bring to this team on the backend... An almost 40 years old d-man who's been scratched for all but 4 games by the last team in the East this year?

The way this D is built we need a guy who can just clear the crease when he's being played. If this guy was getting manhandled in the slot by Marco Sturm in the 2008 playoffs, I don't see how he got any better since then.

He was a nice signing. He's far past his expiration date though. Let's not make the mistake to claim him and mortgage our cap space when we could actually pick up something of interest later in the season. We already have a 4.25M d-man that's just that; depth. We don't need another one who makes 3.5M.