View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 04:09 PM
DenverHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I really don't get the hate towards Crosby and Malkin, man when the Habs aren't playing that's the only other team I wanna watch play, incredible stuff happens in every game. That 3rd period was a clinic from both players, could have scored 7-8 goals

And what Crosby has done to Kunitz, 3rd scorer in the league!!!
I don't think the hate is directed specifically at Crosby or Malkin. The Pens organization is one of the least deserving sports franchises in the world. They've had every generational talent available since Mario Lemieux and yet could never fill the arena. They've been able to tank at the right time and somehow win the Crosby Lottery. Their fans have a sense of entitlement. Their announcers are the worst homers. You think Jack Edwards is bad? At least he gives credit when credit is due. Pens announcers barely mention when the other team scores a goal.

I was watching their game last night and I do agree that they are very creative. But then why are there so many empty seats?? Worst fanbase in the world if you consider the talent they've enjoyed in the last three decades. Plus, it doesn't help that Crosby is really not the kind of player you want to root for with his constant whining and the fact that penalties seem to be called for even the slightest contact with him. The space that he enjoys as a result is just incredibly unfair. Malkin deserves more credit imo as he's able to dangle with several players around him.