Thread: Speculation: Roman Hamrlik on waivers
View Single Post
03-05-2013, 04:33 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by jg39 View Post
I'm all for defensive depth, but I think bringing up Barberio or Gudas would be a better move. It would be relevant to the future of the Lightning instead of bringing in a guy as a plug for 26 games at $3.5m, as I doubt he'd be re-signed. Not a cost effective move would also save cap space were TB to make a move around the deadline or claim someone better/younger in the future. Just my 2 cents though...

As somewhat of an aside, Mikkelson hasn't impressed me at all this year, and I don't feel like he gives us much depth.
Valid points. But Hamrlik could probably step right in as a top-3/top-4 defenseman relieving Brewer and Carle a bit. I am all against rushing a PMD like Barberio just for the sake of giving him a couple of games. Could hurt more than it would benefit his development. Gudas could fit on the 3rd pairing but we already have four guys battling for those two (12F-6D) to three (11F-7D) spots. At this point I'd prefer bringing in a veteran who's able to eat 15-20 minutes per game over destroying the good thing we have going in Syracuse.

$ is not the problem and if we need the cap space to acquire a better player we could still put Ohlund on LTIR.

And, well, he's our first 1st overall pick.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote