View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I think that proposal is getting close to what it would take to get it done.

I think it will look more like this

To Pitt: Iginla

To Calgary:

2013 1st
Kennedy
prospect outside of their top 3
conditional 2nd in 2014 if Iginla re-signs or they win the Cup
Unfortunately it seems every prospect suggested is inside the Penguins' top 3. That's what makes this a very difficult thing to negotiate amongst fans. Everyone thinks their prospects are so great, not realizing they are just another kid with potential who may or may not make it to the show. Sitting on a prospect that might not develop at the NHL level is pretty stupid when you're close to winning a championship. Think the Flames regret trading Brett Hull to the Blues for Ramage and Wamsley? Not a chance. Wamsley allowed Vernon to rest down the stretch and Ramage was key for the Flames in post-season after Suter went down. Without that trade the Flames don't win the cup.

Frankly, I think the Pens and the Flames should make a blockbuster and the Pens should go for it. The Penguins need a depth blueliner, a top six winger and a goaltender (Fleury is questionable) to make a serious run. I think Iginla, Kiprusoff and Butler/Sarich meet the needs and make Pittsburgh almost unstoppable. The only question is what are the Penguins willing to give up to become that favorite?

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote