View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 06:15 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
I voted for the players, but it's hard to say. I mean, is it Fisher's fault that he's not really a 1st line center? No. But he and his fellow veteran leaders have been pretty invisible lately, and we know they're capable of playing significantly better than they are now. So it's surely partly the players' fault.

But on the other hand, we don't really have any legitimate first-line players outside of Erat (who isn't playing like one right now). Maybe Wilson someday, but not now. It's tempting to say that's Poile's fault, but without knowing a heck of a lot more about the inner workings of the team than I actually do, I don't think that judgement can be made. We have no idea how many first-line players he's attempted to acquire by trade or signing that just haven't happened for whatever reason. I have to believe that there have been at least a few.

Also, I'd like to lay some blame on Radulov. He is the only legitimately gifted goal-scoring forward we've ever had, and he screwed us. If he was a committed NHLer, I think we'd be looking at a different team right now...not only because of his play, but because his play might've enticed other players to come here (or some who have left to stay here). But, alas...he screwed us.

I have no idea whose fault it is, basically. But we suck.

ETA: I would also like to blame all of the poll choices, for not sucking harder in the past. We've always been juuuust good enough to not have a great draft position. How did Chicago and Pittsburgh get good? They SUCKED! They sucked hard. They sucked enough to get into the position of drafting people like Kane, Toews, Crosby, Malkin. We've never blown it big enough, and definitely not in a good enough draft year, to do that. Damn us for being so marginally good.

Last edited by AEM6729: 03-05-2013 at 06:25 PM.
AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote