View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
showtime8

vCash: 500
I think its time to look past the Getzlaf to Toronto idea. He's not going to come here in the offseason. Its going to be another Brad Richards pipe dream. The Maple Leafs will look for a trade. I don't think Nonis will want to go down the patchwork job that they tried with Tim Connolly.

As for the Leafs at the deadline this year, I think they will hold pretty still. There aren't many teams that will give up a #1 centre before April 3rd, so the Leafs are basically stuck with Bozak. The 4th line seems to have some replaceable parts with an ideal line IMO, Komarov - McClement - Orr (when healthy). So that leaves the 2nd and 3rd lines as the question marks in my mind. Kadri needs to be surrounded with guys that have skill and size and the exact reason why him and Frattin worked so well together. I also think that a healthy Lupul makes Kadri that much better. But if you are making a push to stay in the top 8, can you rely on 2 guys that have had injury problems their whole career (Lupul) and a guy that has had 2 surgeries in a year (Frattin). MacArthur has been streaky at best and might be a spark to get the Grabo - Kulemin line.

I think that if you can get Cal Clutterbuck at a reasonable price, he's the guy that helps bridge between the 3rd and 2nd line (if necessary). Or if at an even cheaper price, Jared Boll from Columbus could be a warrior for the team.