View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
The main key for anyone acquiring Gaborik is fit. Do not acquire him if you're expecting him to hold onto the puck and make plays. For him to be optimal, that is the player he must play with. Gaborik will finish off the plays no problem, but he needs a guy who can skate, stickhandle, and hold onto the puck. Richards/Stepan aren't optimal because they both have below average speed and neither player thrive off holding onto the puck. I even think a guy like Grabovski would be a better fit with Gaborik. Gaborik said explicitly when he signed in NY that he wasn't the type to hold onto the puck, but rather the type of player who is great at finding lanes.

Put him with Datsyuk or the Sedins and I bet you he'd score 50.
That's who I was thinking about when you said that Something around Kessel for Gaborik could maybe be a possibility.

But, I won't bother discussing it further due to me wanting more from your end because of the age difference but you likely wanting more because Gaborik is a better goal scorer. One of those situations where each team is kind of more comfortable with who we have.

So my next thought would be to consider trading Grabo to NYR, but I'm not sure if your team would be able to take on his salary along with all the other high priced players you have.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote