View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 08:38 PM
DisgruntledGoat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
on paper, it would have been awesome. three giant centers in arnott, messier, and holik. in practice, i find it hard to imagine 2000 messier accepting a supporting role behind arnott, and without the A line does that team win the cup? and if messier pulls his power move crap with scott stevens... i'd have liked to see the result.

Where does this silliness come from about Messier's ego and, 'not accepting his role' come from, anyway?

Since he was always the best or second-best player on his teams, when was he supposed to accept a secondary role and didn't? In fact, there's a ton of evidence from his Oiler years and Team Canada stints that he accepted and excelled in a ton of different roles and clearly relished the, 'dirty work' that some times came along with that. Add to that there are approximately 34,000 quotes out there from respected hockey people about the kind of teammate he was and it is perplexing to say the least. I mean, this isn't a Patrick Roy who publicly quit on his teams or refused to play for his country unless guaranteed top playing time. Far from it, in fact.

And please. Don't bring up Vancouver since that is a controversy that is entirely fan generated and has been proven as such.

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote