View Single Post
Old
07-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Joey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
I posted this in the Briere thread, I'll post it here too as I think it applies:

"TSN reported earlier in the week one of the team's interested in Samsonov was Montreal. Gainey was reported to be in deep talks with Elias, and it was revealed that he was close to signing him. He was reported to be in talks with Shanahan, which he was revealed to actually be doing. It was reported that Zednik was going to be packing his bags soon as well.

Just because deals fell through doesn't mean they never existed, and just because we didn't hear about one trade [Johnson] doesn't mean that Gainey is 100% unpredictable.

Sure, he's good at keeping quiet, but that doesn't mean that talks about Briere have been fabricated out of thin air"

I'm sure at any time an NHL General Manager could be talking to half a dozen teams about any number of players, just to see what could possibly materialize from throwing names out there. Just like us saying "oh man I like that car" or "that's a nice camera" to salesmen in stores, just because we didn't buy the particular product does not mean we never inquired about it.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote