View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The trade was unnecessary and poorly timed. You know the next 2 years of Coles contract is going to be bad do you? Hand me your crystal ball, I bet you were one of the many saying it was a terrible signing in the first place and then he scored 35goals and you vanished right?

hockeyfan is still ******** cammy got a swift kick in the ass and hasn't let it go. He has a soft spot for that useless floater.

Cole is the better player and now wasn't the time to move him and disrupt the team while he is turning his game around. We needed all the physical players we can get and ryder brings none of that.
Aging Cole + decreasing cap. You don't need a crystal ball for that.

The timing would have been bad if Cole was actually turning his game around but he really wasn't. 2 pts in 11 games, with 10 straight games without a single point. Meanwhile, Ryder was in a 6 games points streak (9 pts in those 6 games).

Agreed that Cole is a better, more complete player but the way he was playing this season, Ryder is ahead of him. I don't know if he's still in his annual bad start or he's not in shape or the motivation is not all there or simply he has lost a step but he was just not good enough.