Islanders = Kryptonite
View Single Post
03-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Join Date: Sep 2004
was at the game...
- Price couldn't really be blamed for 3-4 of the 5 goals, only real bad one was the backbreaking 4th goal... but he certainly didn't look confident or strong. Needs to step up his game before the playoffs if we're going to have a chance b/c MT's system opens up far more chances for the opposition than JM's. Perhaps there's something to him making that mental adjustment?
- Subban played the kind of game that shows he has norris potential in his future. Best player on the ice for either team, by FAR.
- Bouillion needs to be relegated to 7th dman role. He tries hard, plays ok most of the time, but overall is just not particularly effective at anything. An everyday bottom-pairing guy on an average team, but not on a team with deep playoff run aspirations
- Kaberle looked suprisingly good (and I'm a big detractor). Soft as butter, but the passing & puck retrieval was very good. Should garner trade interest if he keeps playing this way.
- MT needs to consider giving Markov a game off, maybe even one every 10-12 games until the playoffs. He sees everything, and tries to make plays, but he just doesn't have the oomph to execute what he sees, and at times it ends up hurting the team because he gets caught out of position. Extra rest would not hurt.
most importantly... Our future is BRIGHT!
We all know about Galch/Gally/Subban/MaxPac...
but Emelin & Eller, watching them more closely all over the ice (as opposed to in TV viewings), were both very impressive. Emelin has top-2 potential written all over him. His offensive instincts are much better than he gets credit for, and i get the feeling he doesn't do as much offensively by choice -because he's so focused on being correct positionally- which is a good thing imo.
Eller was skating and competing with great confidence. He really didn't get many offensive zone opportunities, and yet most shifts his line ended up getting in deep and pressuring the Isles. Could easily step into a top-6 role (in terms of PP & offensive zone starts) right now, imo, and not be out of place.
those 6, if they continue to develop positively over the next 1-3 years, will give us a really talented core, the kind that can be a part of a contender for a long time.
on another note... My god is the Nassau Coliseum hilarious... Feels like you're watching a game inside EA sports NHL '94! btw the low def 90's quality scoreboard, to the info screens with graphics from the 80's, to the falling apart lower bowl seats & boxes only on one side... the whole things looks more like something from Slapshot then a modern NHL arena. I'm amazed any player signs there as a UFA (not that there are many), and feel bad for the fans (as few of them as there were).
i guess on the flip side, the fact that tickets are dirt cheap and easy to get for any game is appreciated by anyone who is just a pure hockey fan.
View Public Profile
Miller Time's albums
Find More Posts by Miller Time