View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 11:36 PM
gstommylee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Every arena deal that has been proposed has been made with the ability to legitimately hold hockey in the building. There is actually quite the budding rec hockey atmosphere in the Sacramento area because of many different transplants and the Sharks' minor spread to this region.

You question a 400 million dollar investment with regards to hockey accommodation? Quebec's new arena is projected to cost 400 million. Consol Energy Center, the newest NHL arena, cost 321 million dollars in 2010. The only arena that cost more since the last round of expansion was Dallas' arena. I think it'll be fine.

As for the lawsuit, everyone understands the time frame involved with this situation. I doubt anyone is going to care and I doubt anyone is going to take any potential lawsuit seriously in the courts of Sacramento.

I doubt the NBA will care either. Either they already have their minds made up ready to go to Seattle or they want to make it work in Sacramento and will worry about the details later when a decision is finally made to make it work. The term sheet is likely not going to be much different than what was accepted before, if at all.

There is no way anyone will successfully overturn a decision to keep the team in Sacramento. The city has already symbolically voted in favor of an arena deal as well as a legitimate deal earlier involving the Maloofs. I doubt terms would be drastically different than that just so it would be easier to process this potential transaction.

400m dollar arena in canada is completely different than 400m dollar arena in the US.