View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yes. Surprised there was no mention of this. Hope Bergy is looking. Having Diaz out and finally seeing how important he is to the back-end shows how thin the depth in D is.

Based on what Lebrun said, Troy Brouwer could be a target...he fits the bill. Strong top 9 forward with a decent two-way game, a little chippy as well. Add to that Washington's place in the standings.

Ryan Clowe seems to be slowing down as well. I think people want what Clowe used to be.

Maybe Thomas Kopecky? Good size. Can be pretty chippy. A cup winner. Not saying I want him, but he fits the profile the habs are after.
Kopecky/Brouwer would both make sense given the Blackhawk ties to MB (assuming he was a fan), but then I struggle to see where they fit into our top-9...

MaxPac - Galch - Prust
Gionta - Gally - Ryder
Bourque

Gally/Galch/MaxPac are definitely not moving.

Can't see either the Caps/Panthers having much interest in a lateral swap for Ryder or Bourque, and I can't see us moving Gionta for either of them (from either side).

I suppose he could find a taker somewhere else for Ryder, with pick(s)/prospect(s) coming the other way, and then moving some package of picks for Brouwer/Kopecy (or whoever else they have in mind).

would actually be quite the coup if they could move Ryder for a 1st, and then package a 2nd & 3rd for Brouwer/Kopecky... would end up being Cole for Brouwer/Kopecky & moving up from 2nd to 1st