View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 01:11 AM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I watched the highlights of other games yesterday... What the **** was Donovan Ricketts trying to do on the RB first goal? PTFC needs to dump that guy, he's done.
Quick decision -> ball rolling towards his feet -> goes to pick it up -> hesitates when realizes it's a back pass -> goal

Hard to call him "done" after a very understandable error..

Anyways, one thing that's always peeved me about the CCL is the 4 births going to US and 1 going to Canada. Canadian teams often are fortunate to even have 1 birth so I'm not saying we shouldn't be happy we have one slots. I think the Amway Canadian Championship and the US Open Cup should give one slot per country. The 3 remaining US slots (which currently can only be won by US MLS teams) should be open to ALL MLS teams (US teams would more often than not win all 3 slots anyways considering any good Canadian team probably would have locked up the ACC). I only feel this way because MLS is a joint league between two countries (something rare in FIFA) and if qualification is based on strong performance in that league then by allowing all teams to compete would be in the interest of sending the best Concacaf teams to the Champions League.

Obviously there are some logistical issues since the MLS slots are locked up well in advance of the ACC taking place.