View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Leafs signed German Korbinian Holzer to a 2 year extension today and I can tell you that he's better than O'Pylons or Hunwick (and I'd say inconsistent Hejda too). What did they do to get him and Leo Komarov (who's better than most of our top 6)? They scouted Europe. They did draft Komarov I believe but signed him when he was almost an FA.

Why can't we scout a better dman than the ones we have now or a good bottom 6er in Europe? Could make a huge difference to this team. Are you really saying that the best dmen in Europe are worst than what we have on our blue-line now? No way, especially some of the ones who have some past NAmerican ice experience (27 year old dman Ryan Gunderson on Brynas for example who's a small 27 yo dman but is one of the leading scorers in the SEL the past 2 seasons for dmen and is surely better than Hunwick based on a couple games I saw during the lockout).
I remember Dater answering a question I sent him a few years ago regarding the Avs' European scouting, and he said the Avs had actually increased their European scouting in recent years. Don't know if this is still the case, but there's no reason to think otherwise. I can't help but think though that Lacroix has politely asked Pracey to put more of an emphasis on North American players though--I think that just because Lacroix himself had some pretty notable misfires with highly regarded European prospects (Kuleshov, Nederost, Johansson). Just conjecture on my part.

I don't think the Avs are really missing out on too many players that could help right now, and I'm one of those who is not a big fan of management right now. They've actually tried a few Euro vets (Lindstrom, Kolesnik, Hlinka) and none of them worked out.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote