View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 06:39 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I started to counter your logic, but instead I'm bookmarking this. Can't wait for next year.
Krazy kanuck

Here in detail is my logic regarding Windsor/Barrie who is projected to be more
competitive next yr
In terms of projected returning players excluding overagers which the committee
looks at is Windsor 19 players-1 Goalie,9D,9 forwards,Barrie-1 Goalie,7D,7Forwards
The total pts coming back forwards and D- Windsor 376,Barrie 228
Goals=Windsor-134 Barrie-79
Goals from D-Windsor-34 Barrie-11,Pts from the D-Windsor-126,Barrie-78
Goals from F-Windsor-100 Barrie-68,Pts from F- Windsor-250,Barrie-150

As noted I excluded overagers initially because thats what the committee will
look at in Barrie if u add Zach Hall,Mitchell Theoret and Alan Lepkowski u can add 94
pts along with 30 goals did not include Theorets pts with NF,and for Windsor add R
Giftopoulous which would add 8 goals and 15 pts,as well as goalie J,Pavelka
Point totals would be Barrie-322,Windsor-391
This still allows Windsor to add an O/A forward,while Barrie cant have another O/A
As well it leaves Barrie with only 1 goalie an !8 year old and while his numbers are
good for a team that is in the top 6-7 in the league Barrie loses 5 or 6 good players
Scheifele,Camara,Beyers,Oconnor and Niederberger their #1 goalie while Windsor loses 2 Koko ans Aleardi,Emerson Clark is an insignificant loss
21 players including 2 O/As for Windsor and 18 players for Barrie including 3 O/As
However Barrie still only has 1 goalie,they will need to trade for 1,probably a 19
year old for a price because u dont have wiggle room re your O/A situation
While Barrie has their 1st rd pick in the draft it will be a low pick 14-19
Windsor not having a 1st rd selection does have 2 1st rd picks including 1 in the top 11,and 1 in the top 35 or so
It should be these roster projections do not include drafts,,trades,free agent signings
and organizational depth for both teams,meaning players in the organizations who have yet to play an OHL game
As everyone can see goals and pts wise Windsor returns more next yr without or with
overagers included,2 goaltenders instead of 1 for Barrie,1 more O/A for Windsor to be
determined, 10 forwards instead of 9,or 9 instead of 7 excluding O/As for Barrie
The O/A situation will be critical for Barrie, the adding of a goalie important for both
If one includes Lepkowski on the Barrie def i would agree defensively Barrie would be
on a par though offensively Windsor would have a big edge
If Lepkowsiki were not to return then Windsor would have the better D period
Upfront Windsor I think has the edge with a chance to add an O/a,but a decided edge excluding O/As as Barrie only returns 7 forwards while has 9
At the end of the day the committee has to decide between the 2 teams who has a better chance to field a more competitive team
I feel my numbers project Windsor to be more competitive at this pt
Feel free to counter point krazy kanuck or others

11th and 35th refer to 1st rd picks in the Euro dradft

Last edited by hockeylegend11: 03-06-2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: additional info