View Single Post
03-06-2013, 07:23 AM
If Cam allow it
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by remer View Post
From Ty Anderson's column:
For the love of God.. why is Chris Bourque still on the power-play?

Hey, does this make sense? You’re a healthy scratch on Sunday night in a game that’s pitting you against a middle-of-the-road penalty-killing club in the Montreal Canadiens, but when you return to the ice on Tuesday night, you’re quarterbacking the Bruins’ second power-play unit? No, I didn’t think so, but such is the life of Boston forward Chris Bourque.

Yes, somehow someway, the 5-foot-7 son of Ray Bourque is still seeing significant time on the Black-and-Gold’s man-advantage. Are you as baffled as I am? God, I’d hope so.

As well documented now, the Bruins’ power-play is atrocious. It’s the definition of terrible, and that’s even when you consider its recent success.

Now, one of the reasons why it’s been such a complete disaster has been the lack of production from the club’s second unit, a.k.a the one that features Bourque, among several others.Through 18 games this year, the 27-year-old Bourque’s averaged 2:05 of power-play time on ice per game. That puts him seventh among Boston forwards, and with that abundance of time, he’s tallied a grand total of one goal and three assists, with all three on the power-play.

Enough said!
Bourque is the very least of our problem. But, as usual, when a pseudo-expert has nothing to say or write about, he's taking the easy road.