View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
If this is the goal then who are they looking to move?

Patches DD Gallagher ......... DD? I wouldn't. Maybe Gally - city would riot
Gally Pleks Ryder................ Pleks? Therrien loves him. Ryder? That would be pointless, could have traded Cole for what they want now.
Prust/Bourque Eller Gionta... Looks like Gionta.

So to bring in that top 9 gritty physical player would mean that Gionta is on the move. No other way to fit that player into our top nine.

I don't know if management is ready to cut Gionta loose. I was never a big fan of Gionta for this team. For Boston, Philadephia, Toronto, yes. For Montreal no.

If they are really looking for a top 9 looks like Gionta is the candidate to go.
Regarding the bolded part: 34 years old Cole was showing signs of decline and he has two more years left to his contract at 4,5M$ per season. Moving him without receiving a heavy contract in return (that was the main objective) probably was not an easy task. The 3rd round pick was icing on the cake.

Going directly from Cole to “big forward with a fair contract”, was a major challenge. Borderline wishful thinking imo!

If Bergevin really wants to get bigger upfront (top 9), moving Ryder out is a legit option. If Desharnais is looking for a 4M$+ per season contract, he would also be a good option.

My 3 candidates (to help us get bigger in the top 9) are: 1. Ryder, 2. Desharnais (if he is looking for 4M$+ per season) and 3. Gionta.

------------------------------------------------

This team needs Bourque.
Moen needs to play with more intensity.
Ryder + a 2nd round pick (+ Weber if necessary) can help us get (not a rental) bigger up front.
I still wish for a Dumont/Armstrong swap on 4th.

As for the D, unless Diaz is out for the season, I would stand pat and wait for Tinordi. Next season 3. Tinordi – Diaz with Bouillon as the #7D would be great.