View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Milhouse40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
A skeptic with a legit argument is not a hater. One without? Well, simple enough.

It's about being objective. DD is what he is.

I hear a lot of "you can't win with him", but we're winning with him. He's even being clutch.

I hear a lot of "DD needs big wingers to play well" and then he gets gallagher...and plays well.

At the end of the day, DD is an asset. He helps the team, he has a positive impact. Can we win with Desharnais? Absolutely. Can we win more with Mats Sundin in his prime? Yes. I'm sure we may win a few more with lemieux in his prime too. Just because one player may have a bigger impact, does not mean DD doesn't have a positive one.

People need to let it go. DD is part of the team and likely to stay unless we can find an upgrade. If we can get one at the right price, cya DD. Then again, if we can get one at the right price, cya Eller. And so on...

DD CLEARLY is not an untouchable. If anyone ever says that, I'd call them out for it. DD is not a star center nor is he martin st louis now and probably ever.

Still, DD competes, he plays bigger than his size, so does gallagher. I take these guys on my team 10 times out of 10. They help us win.

By no means does this mean DD is immune to criticism. I surely hope if he plays badly, we discuss it. Yet, he's playing well and competing, what's the problem?
I agree about most of your post.

A team CAN win with DD on his team.....but this team will need to compensate for his lack of size and lack of defensive skills. That's not what the habs seems to be doing though! (Drafted small wingers, traded big wingers)

He do help us with some game, and some are only wins because of that line.....but they help us loose a couple also.

Therrien must do something with that line and i don't know what. They are so good offensively but such a liability defensively that this is mind boggling.

And i'm not getting this out of nowhere.....tha habs lost 5 big games (high scores) and here's a little something:

Islanders wins 6-3 (Last night)
3 even strenght goals by Islanders : DD on the ice for 2 of them

Pitsburgh wins 7-6
6 even strenght goals by Pitsburgh: DD on the ice for 4 of them

Toronto wins 6-0
4 even strenght goals by Toronto: DD on the ice for 3 of them

Buffalo wins 5-4
3 even strenght goals by Buffalo: DD on the ice for 2 of them

Ottawa wins 5-1
3 even strenght goals by Ottaw: DD on the ice for 2 of them

I'm not saying he or they are totally responsable for thoses losses....but it's no coincidence either. They wins us 4-5 games, but they lost 4-5 also.

That's the problem!

Habs must do something to fix this...the line of Pacioretty - DD - Gallgher is really exciting offensively, they are on the rolls and fun to watch, when they are in the offensive zone.....but do something to get better in your own zone!!!

Some posters thinks that DD's got easier points because he is not playing against top offensive line......but DD's often plays against top defensive line....so i got nothing against his offensive side and points.

But top defensive line SHOULDN'T score that many goals against that line on the ice!!!!

The defensive side of DD and this line in general is simply AWFUL!!!!
But it can be fix.....i want it fix!!

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote