Thread: JT Miller
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 09:42 AM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Still too early to know what this kid will be.

But I like what I see so far. Wish he wasn't being rushed onto the team like this, but if he can handle it and gets decent icetime I'm okay with it.
Why? Any rookie is going to have ups and downs but he's been getting good ice time and has looked pretty damn good thus far. Each game he seems to be a little better and smarter.

He's also throwing his weight around and has shown he belongs here. Are you basing this strictly on age?

If someone belongs in the NHL, I don't care about there age. Joe Thornton once said that his rookie year on Boston, where he barely got ANY ice time a game (i think he played like 5 mins most nights) was a better experience and made him grow much more as a player than a season in the AHL would have.

It's a completely different level of learning being with professionals in the NHL versus the AHL. Much rather have him here if he can play at the level he has been.

He's also got a lot of hockey sense and isn't an idiot out there. If he can improve his faceoffs, he'll be a very good 3C for us at the very least.