Old
03-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
I think it means exactly what it sounds like. He hasn't been the same player he was last season.

He is a young player trying to find his way. I don't think you'll ever have to question his drive. Seems like a confidence issue.
It may be an issue of role. Something that's been hinted at a lot over the years is that Ruff let his players figure out what they were supposed to be doing out there in terms of role. Rolston seems much more directive in his approach. I think Foligno, who is still just a second year pro, got a little lost to start the year and hasn't gotten back to the simple, straight game he is so good at. It's there at times -- he's willing to finish checks and drive the net most of the time -- but there are also those moments when he tries to go full-Ennis rather than simply giving it to Ennis so Ennis can go full-Ennis on the rush.

Roles and responsibilities. I've liked him more sense the benching. Getting his head clear and then renewing his efforts was not a bad thing for him at this point.