Old
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Perfect response Ralonzo

Its incredible to me the stupidity Richards displayed on that play. My first reaction to the play was Richards you're an idiot. You never approach the boards like that whether or not there is a player behind you or not. All it would take is hitting a rut and you're sailing head first into the boards in such a poor position.

What makes this even more ridiculous is he KNOWS Kaleta is right behind him because he looked back and saw him. Then Richards decides to approach the puck like a 4 year old learning to skate would and attempts to smack the puck into the corner. Thats why he fell so easily. His left knee was already bent and his arms were half way through the follow through of slapping the puck back to the corner. He basically did the dumbest thin you could do in that situation. Not only didn't he protect himself. He put himself into an even more vulnerable position.

As for Patty, He should know better than to shove a player from behind near the boards. Although I'm guessing he thought Richards would try and brace himself but its still reckless.

Sorry, but at some point you have to trust the player behind you to respect you, right? Richards was stupid in how he played it, but Patty was even stupider to do that to him, in that position, at that point of the game.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote