View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the tools. Jack Johnson looks exactly like you would want a defenseman to look like. He can get around the ice well on his skates, he can hammer the puck, he's 6'2" and well north of 200lbs. He's an absolute specimin. Unfortunately, he's kind of just a collection of desireable parts.

Jack Johnson to me is like a 12 year old driving a Ferrari. The machine is capable of amazing things, it's just that the guy behind the wheel was never taught to drive.

EDIT - I know this post makes it seem like I think Johnson is completely useless. I don't, I just don't think he's more than a 2nd pairing defenseman (at least not on a team that's going anywhere).
Fair enough, but how many true top 4 defensemen do we have right now? He would add something to the mix IMO. That said I doubt that he's on the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogaar23 View Post
Yup - Nino Niederreiter.

Kassian: 6'3", 215. 22GP, 39 hits (1.77/gm)

Nino: 6'2", 210. Last year, 55GP, 129 hits (2.35/gm)

Plays RW or LW. Amongst league leaders in goal in the AHL this year. Would love to get this kid.
And Kassian can fight with the best of them and Nino can't so hardly the same player type IMO.