Thread: Prospect Info: The Official 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Pilgore88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I was thinking about the league and what kind of player I really covet. Landeskog was a guy that I really wished we could have grabbed 2 years ago (obviously we played our way out of that position, but Zibanejad might be able to become similar).

I asked for a comparable in the prospects board and apparently Ryan Hartman (ranked near the end of the 1st round) compares favourably with Lando (I've also been reading Callahan comparisons). He plays on the Whalers with Noesen so has anyone else here seen him? From the sounds of things he'd be a great mid to late first pick-up and sounds exactly what we need up on the big team. Tough, pesky, great defensively and creates a lot of space. Would love to know more about him.
I think he compares much more favorably to Max Lapierre than Noeson, whom he was compared to at the draft. He is a late birthday, so is one year younger than Noesen, and is small in stature at 5-11, 185. He was a surprise performer for the States in the WJC, as he played the chippy game he was expected and scored 3 points.

I am sure if he is available our scouts will have seen more than enough of him to know if he fits our teams criteria going forward, but if we have a pick from 25-35 I would use it on him for sure.