View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Chootoi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Any other undrafted juniors you're seeing that you think might be worth a gamble?
I can only really speak for the Q since that's the league I watch the most. Here are some guys that intrigue me:

Matthew Bisonnette - LW - Acadie Bathurst Titan

He's had a bit of an unfair ride I think. In his draft year he was traded from a contender to a team with an ass for a coach. So he got traded again. I think this triggered the "attitude problem" tag that unfairly gets dumped on a lot of young players these days. He's also had some injury problems (concussion) which has led to more accusations of conditioning problems and laziness. What's hard to deny though is he's well over a PPG when he's in the lineup. He has remarkable vision and playmaking abilities. BTW did I mention he's 6'4", 210 lbs? Cause there's that too. I'd be interested to take a flyer on him and see if the tags are true, because the tools are all there for sure.

Mackenzie Weegar - D - Halifax Mooseheads

Someone is probably going to draft this guy as an 18 year old and get themselves a good player, so I'm not sure that he'd be available. I've talked a bit about him in the draft thread, but his stock likely took a hit last year because he played junior A in his draft year. He's one of those unheralded all around guys that doesn't make a lot of noise but you need them to win. Nothing super flashy about his game, but you look at the game sheet at the end of the night and see that he had 2 assists and ate up 20-25 minutes.

Christophe Lalonde - LW - Moncton Wildcats

He's only 5'9", 180 lbs (and that might be a tad generous) but you could make a comparison to Brad Marchand. Doesn't have the quite the same hands and shiftiness as Marchand, but the guy works his ass off every shift, battling along the boards, creating chances and getting under the opposition skin. He's not scared of anything. The defensive part of his game and work ethic has always been there, but the guy could never put the puck in the net. But consider this. As a 16 year old he scored 3 goals. As a 17 yo he scored 4 goals. This year as an 18 yo he has... 26... on the third line! Seems to be developing nicely into an all around player.

Last edited by Chootoi: 03-06-2013 at 11:48 AM.