View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Not really their choice though. From a teams perspective, if I am entered into a multi-million dollar contract with a player, he's wearing a damn visor and the kevlar socks. Now, I'm not saying add something like a cage but they should be using the resources that have been in the league for some time.
Beat me to it. Other workplaces mandate protective equipment for employees....why isn't a pro franchise allowed to do the same? Especially seeing as their investment is so great. They're investing millions in players, not a very good payout if they're sitting in the press box with an eye injury. Just playing devil's advocate here.

Not to mention, literally almost every other junior and pro league in the world mandates visors. I guess they're all girly and wussy, too. Not advocating for it in the NHL one way or the other but, really? What is this, 1950?

Unrelated, I still can't get over people trying to discredit this team and saying they aren't actually that good, they're peaking too early, they're gonna be worn out come playoff time, etc..it's gotten to the point that it's actually amusing on so many levels.

Last edited by Blue Liner: 03-06-2013 at 12:04 PM.