View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
That's what people said after Holik, then after Gomez & Drury, it's also what they've been saying since Redden. I don't think people get it, players like to play in New York and especially now that they're competative.

Richards chose to come here (and even turned down more money from calgary). Nash basically forced columbus to send him here. Any player the Rangers have openly pursued/wanted, for as long as i can remember, other than Brooks Orpik, has come here.

It's never going to change. Whether you like it or not, NY has an allure. Players like the big city, the big money, the big fanbase and the anonymity that it provides them in there everyday lives. The Rangers also are one of the highest spending franchises in the league in regards to stadium, training facilities, equipment, medical care, etc.

The ship sailed a long time ago with players knowing how bad uncle glen is at UFA signings. If Richards gets bought out, that money will go to another high-end player.
We will see.

I think a little responsibility will do you guys good when it comes to spending now. Cap is going down next year and some guys need to be signed long term.

No one knows how agents and players will react. When it came to Holik, Redden it wasn't looked as a norm associated with your franchise. After this, it will become one.