Old
03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
question is whether cleary and abdelkader and the loss of offense are necessary for that. datsyuk was still very effective with homer, who was arguably the worst ES top 6 player in the NHL. last season, datsyuk's line with bertuzzi and franzen was rarely scored on at ES until datsyuk got injured.

i don't think it is just that abdelkader and cleary are weak offensive players, datsyuk is also not as involved in the offensive zone b/c the line is just grinding on the boards. is this the best way to use datsyuk?

plus, toews line was not really shut down, it just happened not to score b/c of luck and howard.
I'm not sure it will matter who we put with Datsyuk right now, I think he's still going to try to shoulder everything and force it a bit in the offensive zone. I just don't see Tatar-D-Cleary as being that much better than Gator-D-Cleary.

Defensively, outside of putting Z on one of the wings, the only other guy who I think is better than Gator/Cleary strictly defensively is Miller. I don't see Miller as any sort of upgrade offensively, though.

I'm not against changing some of the lines around, it can't exactly hurt, but I'm not seeing it as being a huge deal. I think our team, at ES, is just going to struggle offensively until we get some guys back. But when we get some guys back, we could find a position for Tatar that would include more minutes.