View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
punch1943

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The Spits also have players highly touted/draftred ie Brown,Verbeek who did not see alot of ice time either,Hosang I expect to improve
I think the committee will look at all aspects situational and otherwise for both teams
they will try to project how the respecitive teams will do without the safety nets of
Schiefele.Camara,Koko?Aleardi,goatending for both with 18 year olds as the possible leading guys,rarely do 18 year olds lead their teams in goal
No doubt both teams are returning adequate players and i think the committee will
ultimately decide who can put together a more competitive team with all factors considered,especially the potential of all the players involved
Lots of very good points have been made in the last dozen or so posts and good arguments made that all three teams would be competitive in 2014 but IMHO the deciding factor is this. The Spits were caught cheating and admitted they were in violation of league rules. The OHL would appear to be, in the eyes of many fans, rewarding the Spitfires and downplaying the cheating scandal.

If then,the steering committee awards the Memorial Cup to either Barrie or London, London irregardless of hosting in the not too distant past, will be awarded the Memorial Cup hosting based on the almighty $$$.