Old
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
@beacon

if nobody returns to the lineup, do you think that kreider has played well enough to get another call-up yet? torts did not seem happy with the 4th line at all. does kreider get the call now or get another few weeks down there to make sure it sunk in(and not have him go back down after 1 game)

I would never say that about 3 games because that can be just a lucky streak, but he's done what I thought he should in using his speed and size to forecheck and park in front of the crease. If he sticks with it, he'll be here before April. These were his best 3 games of the season in either the AHL or the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
QFT on 1,2, and 3.

But I think as far as stick handling part (he's no Rick Nash), it will come in time, right now he needs to keep it simple, but I do think he has it in him to do that, and not turn the puck over. He needs to learn how to play mistake free hockey before trying to impose his dangles on defenders.
He should practice stickhandling in practice, not during games as both Hartford and the Rangers are struggling to make the playoffs, sitting in the 8 spot. He needs to nail down how to use his strengths (size, speed, shot) before he branches out to developing other skills. If he scores 30-40 goals from 2 feet out of the crease every season and never stickhandles the puck in his career, I don't think anyone will complain. I really think that given his size and shot (and ability to cause turnovers using his speed), he can be a 30+ goal scorer if he uses his skills properly. But his play so far this season, up until the last 3 games, has been downright dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Look Im glad people have high expectations for Kreider. However you cant ask him to play 100% mistake free hockey. The truth is even the great nhl players make a few mistakes during the game. Rick nash is an elite type player but even he makes mistakes sometimes.

That's fine. He made a couple of mistakes yesterday and I still gave him #1 star of the game. If he plays "Kreider hockey" and makes a couple of mistakes, no problem. If he pretends to be Kovalev, then the coaching staff needs to punish him.

Last edited by Beacon: 03-06-2013 at 01:00 PM.