Thread: Proposal: Bruins/Islanders
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 02:00 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
there was a time we had guys like thornton/samsonov/boynton/raycroft/murry forming the young nucleus of our team. they all spoke well in public for the most part. they seemed to sign contracts fairly easily with us.

but there was a poison going on... a loser culture or something? management of course was partly to blame.

ultimately we won a cup a few years later and all these guys were not part of it. they all had to go.

if your situation is better... then im very happy for you. i was sad to see my favorite players get sent packing. but in the long haul, when the dust settled... it was the right thing for our team to let us get a better culture and a real winning club put together the right way.

i say again... if okposo is available, i personally like him. id give up a first and caron fro him. i hope i dont seem like im saying the guy is crap. i just say if he does get moved, chances are its for clubhouse/culture reasons or personal reasons. as a talent he seems to be what NY needs for talent and as you say his contract seems good.
You totally ignore the isles lease and budget restrictions. If instead of Snow trading for Thomas phantom $5m cap hit, he instead packaged some of that young talent for Bobby's Ryan with his $5m salary, how much stronger are the NYI, currently two pts out of the 8th seed?

And Like several Bruin fans with their proposals for Streit. Grabner and Okposo, you ignore that the isles have a deep prospect pool, that trading young NHLers like 24 yr old Okposo for a late 1st and a redundant prospect, does nothing except improve Bridgeport for the NYI.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote