View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
NYRangers723

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I would never say that about 3 games because that can be just a lucky streak, but he's done what I thought he should in using his speed and size to forecheck and park in front of the crease. If he sticks with it, he'll be here before April. These were his best 3 games of the season in either the AHL or the NHL.

He should practice stickhandling in practice, not during games as both Hartford and the Rangers are struggling to make the playoffs, sitting in the 8 spot. He needs to nail down how to use his strengths (size, speed, shot) before he branches out to developing other skills. If he scores 30-40 goals from 2 feet out of the crease every season and never stickhandles the puck in his career, I don't think anyone will complain. I really think that given his size and shot (and ability to cause turnovers using his speed), he can be a 30+ goal scorer if he uses his skills properly. But his play so far this season, up until the last 3 games, has been downright dumb.

That's fine. He made a couple of mistakes yesterday and I still gave him #1 star of the game. If he plays "Kreider hockey" and makes a couple of mistakes, no problem. If he pretends to be Kovalev, then the coaching staff needs to punish him.
I agree. Personally i think injuries were a big part of it. I had the same injury as Kreider(bone chip injury in my right ankle). I played point guard and was quick but that injury really slowed me down for 2 months. It looks like kreider is healthy so hopefully he continues to score the next few games so he can be back by the end of the month