View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha Cares View Post
I just think he really is going to push our offer limits, but who could blame him... I think he's got a tough agent too doesn't he?
Most likely he will, though I have some glimmer of home from his playing for free during the lockout. He doesn't sound like a guy who is completely mercenary, so maybe he will sit down and think about what that extra $1-2m could mean in terms of making the team more successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
You'd be surprised, Dave. When I took my comparative legal systems class in grad school, our prof required that for our final presentations we bring in food from the country that our final presentation was on. One of the guys in my class had, IIRC, Serbia or Bosnia, and was successful in finding a Balkan grocery in Cary somewhere. If we've got Ethiopian and Czech restaurants and Balkan groceries, I wouldn't be surprised a bit by a Russian store.
One of the things that really surprised me about the Triangle when I first moved here was the amount of ethnic diversity. Not just your standard Southern white/black/Hispanic diversity, but also the number of people from Europe and Asia, and how developed those communities have become in a relatively short period of time. There are much bigger cities than Raleigh that don't have a full-scale Indian grocery store or a large Asian fresh market.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote