View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Most likely he will, though I have some glimmer of home from his playing for free during the lockout. He doesn't sound like a guy who is completely mercenary, so maybe he will sit down and think about what that extra $1-2m could mean in terms of making the team more successful.

One of the things that really surprised me about the Triangle when I first moved here was the amount of ethnic diversity. Not just your standard Southern white/black/Hispanic diversity, but also the number of people from Europe and Asia, and how developed those communities have become in a relatively short period of time. There are much bigger cities than Raleigh that don't have a full-scale Indian grocery store or a large Asian fresh market.
To steer this slightly back on topic (before I give a Chinese recommendation to Dave) this is one of the reasons why I find Belanger's alleged whining about disliking Raleigh because he was not able to find a French-speaking community BS. It's certainly there and I've met more French natives here than I'd have imagined.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote