View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 120
Well I think the really nice part of this draft is there seems to be at least two future #1 centers available. I'd heard Drouin can play C as well but plays wing so he can play with MacKinnon. Barkov from what I heard has everything MacKinnon has except the top end acceleration. Read a lot of his scouting reports and he sounds a ton like Kopitar to me. Size, strength, good shot, vision and passing ability with great defense.

MacKinnon seems like the best fit for our team, but he may be the 4th or 5th ranked guy by the time the draft rolls around.

Nichushkin also sounds awesome. Him being in the KHL til 21 isn't the worst thing IMO. AFAIC it's better for him to be there as opposed to Canadian juniors or the NHL. The thought of him never coming over is overblown IMO.

Seth Jones has all the tools, but the truly dominant defenseman are what they are because they have the toolbox to go with it. It's almost impossible to tell if he has the smarts to dominate in the NHL until he actually does it. Nothing against him, it would just kill me to see us waste a top five pick on a Erik Johnson or Tyler Myers type player.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote