View Single Post
03-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Blue Liner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Awesome, awesome drinking town. One of the reasons I couldn't live there, that's pretty much all there is to do, and it's a blast.

When you guys were talking about moving, I don't know why, but Tampa kept coming to mind.

-hockey team
-nfl team
-baseball team, for now at least
-warm 365 days a year
-realistic living costs

Not only that, but you really have access to a lot of other great stuff driving wise. Miami, Orlando, Charleston, Savannah, Atlanta, and hell even New Orleans is only a 9 hour drive.

Never been to Tampa itself but all accounts say it's pretty nice. I have family in Ft. Myers and my girlfriend's family has a condo in Naples. Lot of retirees down that way but I also know having lived in another place known for that that the stereotype way overhypes how much that sector of the population dominates the overall population.

And Culk, for all intents and purposes you're still the resident kid around here, soon-to-be-college or not. And that's not a criticism. Congrats on your college selection. If I could do it all over again I might've picked U of I, myself. Hindsight's always a *****.