View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Listened to Jarmo on an edmenton radio and he flat out stated that he will take BPA and will use organizational need as a tie breaker.

I really think there are 4 guys who would have gone #1 overall the last few years (Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov). The order in which these 4 get taken I think is going to depend a topn upon what a teams draft philosophy is: Jones (#1 D), Mackinnon (#1 Fast, Elite goal scorer), Drouin (Elite hockey sense and playmaking ability, possible Wing/Center), Barkov (Big bodied Center with an all around game)

BTW, I know those descriptions are all extremely limited
Good, that's what I was advocating above with Mackinnon/Jones. Take BPA but if they're tied (which they virtually never are) I hope they go with Mackinnon.

That said, I cannot advocate taking Fucale with one of our 1st's. I feel that unless they think he's a gamechanger that our goaltending prospect pool is good and that there are skaters I would prefer taking instead. Take a goaltender later if possible. In the past I was hoping we'd take a goalie in the late-1st/early 2nd round. We did that with Dansk and then also got Korpisalo while Forsberg has been strong. I see Fucale going around where Domi goes and honestly I'd rather have Domi over him.