View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Like I said, the buy would be fairly low, and of course, following MB's philosophy, you try to sign him for another 2 years before the UFA period kicks in. He's obviously having a disappointing year, but he's young enough to rebound and have a couple more interesting campaigns. Plus, regardless of his production (which I'm pretty confident it will rebound sooner than later), he's going to be aggressive and tough to play against, which is exactly how this management wants to build their team.
I understand the point you are trying to make but I just think Clowe is not the answer.

First, he's not that young. Especially for a player that plays his style. Second he is an impeding UFA currently making 4M (3.6 cap) a season. He is not going to take less than that, so I don't like the idea of playing him 4M+ to be on the 3rd line with no certainty of production.

I do, however, want a player of his mold added to the bottom six. But I want a 3-4 years younger version of Clowe. A cheaper/younger version with the cap going down and the direction this team is going.