Old
03-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
All valid points.

I don't know much about Bishop, but your points seem to bring out three concepts which the fanboys on this board fail to see:

1) You have to give up something to get something.
I don't think that's ever been in doubt.

Quote:
2) Most perceive CBJ players to be significantly worth more than they really are.
Don't agree one bit.

Quote:
3) Derek Brassard ain't much of an "asset". Someone called him a "4th liner" and the fanboys went crazy. Well, he wouldn't even be a 4rth liner on the non-elite Montreal Canadiens (Plekanec, Desharnais, Galchenyuk and Eller) and Brassard would be hard pressed to be a 3rd liner on most decent teams. That is the reality of Derek Brassard whether the Blue Jacket HFBoard "intelligentsia" think so or not.
And yet he would be on the second line in clearly elite Chicago, ahead of Marcus Kruger, Dave Bolland, and Andrew Shaw. Unless you're arguing that non-elite Montreal is better than elite Chicago on the basis of players up the middle.

Quote:
If Brassard AND a few second round picks could be shipped for a goalie with reasonable #lG upside, then JK would have to be drunk not to make that move. It's more than #16 is realistically worth. Much more.
That's absolutely absurd. Barring the goalie return being someone like a 20-year-old Roberto Luongo (actual franchise upside and playing well in the NHL behind a poor team), moving Brassard and "a few" 2nd-round picks for someone like Ben Bishop goes right up there with the worst trade proposals that you'll find on that board.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote