View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Yeah, it would be cool that Habs add another big body like Prust, but who can score a bit more, and/or even an enforcer.

But to me, to most worrying thing with the team right now is the defense. It is soft and is horrible sometimes. I don't think that group can beat many team in a best of 7series, certainly not Boston.

I said it since the start of the season, even when things were going very well. This defense is not that good. Markov can't play 25-30 minutes on a constant basis anymore, and he's slow. Subban is good and still progressing, but he makes many dumb plays in his zone. Emelin is ok, but should idealy be a #5-6 d-man. Bouillon gives all he got, but can't play more than 14 minutes a game and should be a #6-7. And Gorges, to me, is greatly overrated. Beside blocking shots, he doesn't do anything very well, and he's plain horrible in any offensive aspect of the game. In the o-zone, he countlessly makes bad passes, and he seems unable to get out of the d-zone in another way that by shooting the puck by the glass. Surprisingly, that defense held together by Diaz' amazing play. Since he's hurt, even in victories, the defense has been below average.

Maybe not at the deadline, but this team really needs a true #1 d-man if it wants to take the next step.