View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Fantastic post game comments in the locker room after the game last night. Kronwall was asked what he isn't satisfied with right now, and he basically said:

- his plus/minus obviously isn't great
- his play in the defensive zone sometimes has been too up and down, getting better but still has work to do
- his decisions with the puck sometimes

When asked if he considers himself a Norris candidate, he sheepishly laughed and said "No, I wouldn't say so." I think it was Trevor Thompson who said "Well, you're 2nd among defenseman in scoring" to which Kronwall said "Well, stats only say so much... I know I need to be better to help this team even more."

I've probably been one of Kronwall's more vocal critics here, but I definitely have an increased respect for him. Not many athletes are that open about their shortcomings to the media, and instead to default to "I've gotta play smarter/harder/focus more" or pull in teammates in the blame game with "WE have to better defensively/offensively, etc."

He basically rattled off all the things that bother me about his play (not that I matter in the discussion) and laughed off any Norris talk. I feel like I know now that getting the A on his jersey wasn't solely based on tenure with the team, and I'll be pulling for him more than usual to improve.

Thus ends my 1 sappy post for the month.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote