View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Winning or not, I am still not particularly fond of the guy or his style. If he is winning though it's hard to make an argument for why he isn't a good coach let alone why he should be fired.

However the team has looked completely different since getting Nash back. How much does John have to do with that? I'm not sure it even matters. There could be a cardboard cutout behind the bench and as long as they are winning, so be it.

Edit: Not even winning, but playing like a god damn team with the level of talent this team has.
If you cant respect the job Tortorella has done with this team, especially over the last 18 months or so, then I'd venture to guess you wouldnt be happy with his replacement either, or the guy after that, or the guy after that.

I was skeptical when he came in because I thought Renney got a raw deal, and I was put off by Torts' demeanor. But the players respect him and they lay it all out on the line most nights. And if they dont, they're gone. Hes won me over in that regard after watching a country club atmosphere on the ice virtually since Keenan left.That goes beyond a system, or how hes handling your favorite prospect, or whatever else.