Thread: Claimed off Waivers: NY Rangers claim Roman Hamrlik
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Why all the Poti hate? I didn't know he was one of the more unpopular players in the League among Rangers and Islanders fans. Remember the nerd comment?

Anyway, it's too bad Hamrlik never did much in Washington. He was fairly good with Green at times but it's good they got rid of him when guys like Kundratek, Schultz, and Poti were playing and he was sitting in the press box with Hillen and the like. He was always pretty steady at both ends and capable of eating up a pretty good chunk of ice time. I like the claim for the Rangers but at the same time I can see it not working out. Hamrlik is pretty old and slow now but I think he's still serviceable with what the Rangers will need him for. Left-handed shot too and they needed another one of those. Might see some PP and PK time on occasion too.

Worse comes to worse he plays poorly and they let him walk in the summer. His salary's already almost all paid anyway so a good claim for the Rangers and a significantly low risk, moderate reward. They needed another defenseman, now even more with the Staal injury, which had no effect on the decision to claim Hamrlik however. They were lucky they decided to do so.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote