View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 04:47 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Do you have a heavyweight enforcer in mind? There aren't a lot out there and there aren't many that can still take a regular shift in this league. I think it is more likely that we pick up another Neil kind of player. A guy who can take a regular shift but can also fight some of the heavies' if needed.
I don't have a guy in mind although I liked McGratton but he is in Calgary now. I wouldn't mind having a part time enforcer who only plays in certain games as a temporary fix. I would replace Daugavins with him on the roster. The guy you keep mentioning would be fine if he is tough enough to hold his own against some of the heavyweights in our division/conference. But I wouldn't give up very much to get him either. It will be interesting how Kramer & Sdao develop but they could be a ways away too.

My idea has been & continues to be to trade for a Dylan McIlrath, Zack Kassian or Tom Wilson kind of player who is young & can play a regular shift. I would be willing to trade a number of guys who IMO have no future in Ottawa in a package with a good prospect like Puempel for a good young enforcer type player. But then again we could wait for Sdao he could be ready sooner since he is older & has spent the last four yrs in college. Any idea how good a fighter he is? There are some pretty good fighters in our division/conference.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote