Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 03:49 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I think it depends on which way you look at it as. On one hand, you have a chance to draft a top prospect. I, personally don't know the players and who they are comparable too, but it seems as though they are noteworthy. The downside is that, that prospect will probably be in the system for at least a season to get experience at a professional level (unless they are one of the few prospects already NHL ready)
One the other hand, you have a chance to make the post season and further the success of the franchise. While this season has been laughable at best, we do have a lot of brightspots in Huberdeau-Shore-Mueller line, Markstrom, Kopecky, and Robak. I think if the Panthers did a 180 and somehow made it to the post season, it would be a great accomplishment for the season. It will bring in more revenue. It will bring our youth some playoff experience,as well as help guys like Kulikov and Gudbranson further their playoff experience. I believe it will be talked about in the NHL world as the bottom team clawing their way back into the playoffs. Who knows what happens once the team makes the playoffs. Maybe certain players make it back onto the team. Maybe Tallon adds a player or two, to help with the playoff push. Maybe,just maybe, the team makes it into the 2nd round.
I just think there is more to be said about a team that made it to the post season,not once but twice, in years where no one expected anything from them.
Also, the simple fact that making the playoffs brings in the fans and the crowd (money and attention). I have noticed the attention the Cats gained from last years playoff appearance. There are more fans and talk about us. Plus free agents and prospects want to be in a winning environment.

I am the first one to say i would rather tank this year just because its a shorten crap season, but the more we hit the playoffs the more we spread our name and gain respect. Plus we have so much depth that i believe we need that superstar to really put us on that map. Drafting 1-3 can do that for you.