View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 04:00 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
thanks for reinforcing my point, except for the enforcer part. no need for that. we got neil, smith etc.

we got plenty of size and grit. you add some skill, speed, smarts that come in smaller sizes (condra, petersson, prince, jgp, amongst others) and you got a good mix for a winner.
Whats a little funny here is that I don't like any of the players you have suggested we add to the lineup. I think Petersson is destined to play in Europe, Condra to be traded, JGP to be a career minor leaguer & Prince could be the one guy that could play somewhere in the NHL, just not Ottawa. I prefer Noesen, Puempel, Stone, Grant, Ceci, Maidens & Hoffman.

While Neil has the heart of a lion & will fight anyone IMO he is out of his league (size wise) when he fights guys like Orr, Engelland, Lucic & Smith is a midleweight at best. Would we really miss Daugavins if we used his roster spot for a heavyweight enforcer? I don't think so. But I would prefer a young big tough guy who can also play every shift like a Tom Wilson & we may have one in Sdao, we'll see I guess. Chara & Lucic are perfect examples of heavyweights who can play, McQuaid is pretty tough young guy too, Boston has a pretty tough roster.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote