View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Ail
Now we wait.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If you cant respect the job Tortorella has done with this team, especially over the last 18 months or so, then I'd venture to guess you wouldnt be happy with his replacement either, or the guy after that, or the guy after that.

I was skeptical when he came in because I thought Renney got a raw deal, and I was put off by Torts' demeanor. But the players respect him and they lay it all out on the line most nights. And if they dont, they're gone. Hes won me over in that regard after watching a country club atmosphere on the ice virtually since Keenan left.That goes beyond a system, or how hes handling your favorite prospect, or whatever else.
Every coach will have their ups and downs. So, in a sense yes, there will never be THE perfect coach, and again winning can do a lot for a guy who otherwise has flaws in his coaching.

I think he was consistently out-coached in every play-off series last year just on his inability to adapt alone when the other coaches were adapting to the Rangers. There's no reason the OTT and WSH series' needed to go 7. I put some of that on his coaching.

I don't like how he handles the team having a bad night, be it benchings, or jumbling otherwise good lines. I don't like his insistence to play some players regardless of mistakes until they are so bad it's unavoidable (IE Richards/Boyle), and bench others after farting during a line change.

I do respect what he got this team to do last year in the regular season, and he definitely deserved every Jack Adams vote he got. However I want to see what he does this year in the playoffs before I decidedly say one way or another if I like him insofar as I think this team can win with him.