View Single Post
Old
03-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Nihiliste

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Well said. HF keeps ranking the Panthros among the top prospect pools in the league, but hell if none of them ever pan out. Huberdeau and Kulikov are about the only worthwhile players they've churned out in recent memory.
I kind of agree, Kulikov (2009) is a great pick, Huberdeau (2011) and Shore (2009) are both playing great, and Markstrom (2008) will be in an NHL regular sooner than later. But Shore's upside is probably somewhat limited.

After that they'll still have Bjugstad, Howden, Petrovic, and Grimaldi developing, but other than Bjugstad I feel like propsects like that are available every year late in the 1st.

In contrast since 2009 we've had Duchene, O'reilly, Landeskog, and Barrie crack the roster, with Siemens, Elliot, Pickard (and Sgarbossa) developing. Can't help Hishon's injury but he's right there with Florida's second tier guys in terms quality. A couple strong drafts and our prospect pool will be re-stocked. I think we just have to be more patient; this rebuild will take longer than expected but that's ok.